Glover Quin

Home Forums The Den – www.lionstalk.com Glover Quin

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of lionsfanstuckincheeseland lionsfanstuckincheeseland 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    deadstroke

Glover Quin was drafted by the Houston Texans in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL draft and signed a 4yr/$2.24M contract. Following the 2012 season, Q
    [Read full post at: Glover Quin]

deadstroke

The first two years of Quin’s contract is guaranteed and he’ll earn $5.125M Average Per Year (APY) over the first two years, which is consistent with what he’ll earn over the life of the contract $5M APY. The Contract is proportionate for Cash purposes, but backloaded for Cap purposes.

jadedlionsfan
    Participant

I really hope he turns out to be a solid safety for us.  If Delmas is healthy we have two.  If not, at least we would have one which would be an improvement over last year.  I actually think Safety play last year was a bigger hole in the defense than CB

#NONEpride
    irishfury
    Participant

I really hope he turns out to be a solid safety for us. If Delmas is healthy we have two. If not, at least we would have one which would be an improvement over last year. I actually think Safety play last year was a bigger hole in the defense than CB

I thought CB was pretty solid.  Safety play last year was the worst I have ever ever seen.

jadedlionsfan
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jadedlionsfan wrote:</div>
    I really hope he turns out to be a solid safety for us. If Delmas is healthy we have two. If not, at least we would have one which would be an improvement over last year. I actually think Safety play last year was a bigger hole in the defense than CB

I thought CB was pretty solid. Safety play last year was the worst I have ever ever seen.

I agree.

#NONEpride
    wolfcub36
    Participant

I am incredibly happy that we “FINALLY” got Delmas some freakin help and someone we can rely upon should LD go out once again with injury! we “should have solidified this position yeears ago very much like our WR spot that has a simular need. (finding that #2 stud to compliment CJ.)…I can keep dreaming and waiting I guess…

jadedlionsfan
    Participant

I am incredibly happy that we “FINALLY” got Delmas some freakin help and someone we can rely upon should LD go out once again with injury! we “should have solidified this position yeears ago very much like our WR spot that has a simular need. (finding that #2 stud to compliment CJ.)…I can keep dreaming and waiting I guess…

Yes, it will be nice to finally see us with two NFL caliber safeties. Hope Delmas can stay healthy.

#NONEpride
    Air2theThrown
    Participant

I do not think our CB play was solid in the least. It was horrible as we started a variety of youth their most of the season.  I feel it improved later in the season but for the most part was pretty weak as it was plagued with injuries.

Safety was even worse… Our safety group has been terrible and I feel this year we may have enough youth and veteran mix to be successful.

"When I die I want the Detroit Lions to be my pallbearer's so they can let me down one last time." and "I hope they sing the song Another One Bites the Dust for me."
    SheldonCooper
    Participant

I hope they consider Woodson. Im just not convinced that both safeties can stay healthy all year. Having 3 good safeties allows you to create matchups in your favor + the odds of them staying healthy are greater.

If they don’t get woodson, i sure do hope Silva can step in and make some waves this year.

PShep
    Participant

I can;t even remember the last time we had two decent safties. Hopfully they both can stay healthy and shore up the secondary.

dsajdak
    Participant

With two healthy top safeties, will Gun finally use the blitz more? I understand why he hasn’t the past few years as we’ve have inexperience players in the back 7 but with Quin and Delmas he shouldn’t have those excuses anymore, right?

PShep
    Participant

With two healthy top safeties, will Gun finally use the blitz more? I understand why he hasn’t the past few years as we’ve have inexperience players in the back 7 but with Quin and Delmas he shouldn’t have those excuses anymore, right?

I can only hope. It always bothered me when people hated on the lions for not blitzing. There’s no way we could have done it with the players we had. Having a more solid defence will make things more interesting, I just hope we can stay healthy.

Ziggyicewood
    Participant

Very excited about the addition of Quin, him and Delmas should roam and make plays.

Avatar of lionsfanstuckincheeseland
    lionsfanstuckincheeseland
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wolfcub36 wrote:</div>

I can;t even remember the last time we had two decent safties. Hopfully they both can stay healthy and shore up the secondary.

willie clay and bennie blades

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Home Forums The Den – www.lionstalk.com Glover Quin

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.